Saturday, March 29, 2008

It's when the tension is worst
That I feel like running
I hear the strife well-versed
Cutting words, so cunning
My lonely days are empty
Ridden with broken dreams
I try not to be angry
But within are blasphemes.
I need to escape this world
But there's no where to hide
When into shadow I'm hurled
I must retreat inside...

Is my life a fault?
Why does it have to halt?
I try to exalt,
But I'm locked in this vault.

I see the beauty around
And sometimes I can sing
But the melody is drowned
The song will start to sting.
Right now I quietly weep
The tears fall on this page
I wish I could just sleep
But fear I can't assuage.
I'm waiting for things to change
I don't know what to do
This world is utterly strange
I must find a way through...

When will he find me?
Will he perceive my plea?
I will remain free
This I can guarantee.

No comments: